Tuesday, October 11, 2005

$25 million for that?

About the Yankees game last night.

It's amazing how in back-to-back at-bats, one can have so much respect for one player, a guy that always shows up in the post-season and performs out of his head, and minutes later, the reason failure is a word stands in the batter's box and fizzles like a Phillie.

Let's play read their thoughts in the picture:

A-Rod: "I had a great year, something I'm very proud of. I left my guts on the field, I left my heart out there, so I'm not going to hang my head. I'm just going to go out and learn from it and become a better Yankee." (He actually said this, um, actually).

Jeter: "This motherf*cker sucks. Man I miss Scott Brosius."

A friend of the Ol' Man's emailed him something last night. "Why am I rooting for the Yankees?" he asked. Well, OMS suspects it's because of guys like #2, who leave their talent out on the field and show up when the money's on the line.

Not so much with the other guy, though.

It's OK. It's good to make a gajillion dollars a year to ground into 6-4-3 double plays when the season hangs in the proverbial balance. OMS just wishes someone would have told him this in 1990. He'd be a gajillionaire by now. And oh so pretty.

No comments: