Thursday, January 11, 2007

So there that is, again

From the New York Daily News:

Barry Bonds, already under investigation for lying under oath about his steroid use, failed a test under Major League Baseball's amphetamine policy last season and then initially blamed it on a teammate, the Daily News has learned.

Under the policy, which went into effect only last season, players are not publicly identified for a first positive test.

But according to several sources, when first informed by the MLB Players Association of the positive test, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from the locker of teammate Mark Sweeney. Sources did not identify the drug in question but characterized it as a serious stimulant.

When asked last night whether Bonds had an explanation for why he failed the test or if he wanted to issue a denial, Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, said, "I have no comment on that."


I'm not here to talk about the past, but I have to say, all these years and I never realized that Guinness was a beer, and furthermore, it's not my fault that I drank it in the first place. MJ said I should try it as we sat in a dive bar in the middle of nowhere 10 years ago.

Not even the waitress knew what it was. She insisted on calling it a Guinness DROUGHT instead of DRAFT. But I digress. It's MJ's fault.

I'm innocent and have no further comment. But you all can write what you want because that's how you do anyway.

1 comment:

Old Man Snap said...

Meanwhile, back at the WaWa...

"GOOD MORNING GUYS!" said overly-happy-getting-coffee guy to the ladies behind the counter. "AND BY GUYS I MEAN LADIES, TOO, BECAUSE GUYS CAN BE LADIES, TOO."

Huh?