Thursday, May 03, 2007

How to cover one's ass but not really

Scene: A man and a woman chat briefly in an office cubicle. Hilarity doth ensues.

Woman: We had a fire drill this morning?

Man: Yup. 10:34-35-36 around then.

Woman: We did? I didn’t hear anything.

Man: Yeah. We had a fire drill, probably 10:35-36. Around then.

Woman: We did? I was in a meeting in the conference room.

Man: I’m surprised you didn’t hear anything.

Woman: You know what? I did hear something but I thought it was the coffee maker.

Man: Wow. Because the alarm is really loud and I’m surprised no one heard it.

Woman: We were behind closed doors. I thought it was her coffee maker. It was a faint beeping.

Man: And no one came out?

Woman: No. We were in our meeting until 11:30.

Man: Wow. Because I walked the floor to make sure everyone got out and I was in your area.

Woman: We were right in the conference room.

Man: Oh. Well I wasn’t near there. That was Christina. She was in charge of that area around the conference room. She must’ve not checked in on you.

Woman: Well we were in there.

Man: Isn’t that something.

END SCENE.

3 comments:

Matt Katz said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/if_someone_wanted_to_publish_my

"I write about everything from movies I've seen to crazy observations that just pop into my head about Starbucks. And sometimes I'll just write, "Had a pretty boring day today," take a picture of myself eating cereal for dinner, and call it a night. It's a web log, people...Just saying."

Matt Katz said...

We kid! We love you!

Old Man Snap said...

Trust me. The monotony of the blog lately, and especially this entry, is directly related to the monotony of said conversation I reported.

Just. Shoot. Me.

As for that wacky Onion, who eats cereal for dinner? OMS certainly doesn't.

Well, he used to, but then that led to the infamous fat conversation he had with his pops:

Young Fat Cereal-for-dinner Eater: And now I'll get some milk.

Pops: Why are you eating that for dinner?

YFCFDE: I like Honey Nut Cheerios.

POPS: You should eat more healthy.

YFCFDE: This is healthy. I'm doing this because all the kids at school say I'm fat.

POPS: Well. You are.