Thursday, July 20, 2006

HEY KIDS! LET'S GET READY FOR THE MORALE-BOOSTING COMPANY SOFTBALL PRACTICE! COME ONE, COME ALL! LET'S HIT SOME BALLS! YAY EVERYONE! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Player 1: (Talks to friend about the big practice). You have your spikes, right?

Player 2: (Interrupts witty banter) I'm coming.

P1: (Awkward smile). Good, good.

P2: But I didn't bring my glove.

P1: That's OK. I'm sure you can borrow someone else's.

P2: And I have sneakers.

P1: OK. Well, I'm sure you'll be fine without cleats.

P2: I don't think I'll be able to play in the game next week anyway.

P1: (Stares).

And END SCENE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I played softball once, but I ended up eating the bat and scaring everyone away. But that was before I found God. And now I know that eating the bat is not His way. Nor is scaring everyone away. God is loving. God is fun. Please bear hunters, put down your gun(s).