Friday, July 21, 2006

His Leading Lady

So in keeping with a trend of what we do on our days off, we caught the Dawson's Creek again this morning. See, Dawson and the gang take us back to an innocent time in our lives. We had just graduated college and were working in the middle of nowhere writing about all kinds of fun things.

We always had a soft spot for all the Capeside hijinx, mainly because we thought Joey was adorable and ever so sane. Plus, we were in our somewhat early 20s and boy did we wear white socks too much.

So today, we caught the one about Dawson's movie. We'll attempt to put into words, now, just how much this episode means to us.

Dawson is all I need a leading lady. And Rachel Leigh Cook without her dork glasses is all I'm hot and short and into method acting. And Joey is all I'm wearing horizontal stripes but what, bitches, you got a problem with that? And Jack is all not gay and into Joey and Jen is all I'm Jen and I'm dying in the finale but who cares I'll be f*cking a gay cowboy in six years and all up in Oscar's bidness.

Pacey, of course, is all, I'm Pacey bitches and I call everyone, including my sweet basketcase can't deal with death Andie, by their last names all the time because I'm hip and that's what I do.

And then Bruce's voice shows up in a teen soap opera and it's on. Oh hells yeah it's on.

Joey is all Dawson why are you doing this to me and Dawson is all I'm still in love with you and why'd you kiss someone else and Rachel Leigh Cook without her dork glasses is all I'm hot and short and into method acting.

And Andie breaks up with Pacey, who's all nobody breaks up with Pacey, bitches, so I'm putting a long stem rose in my mouth and climbing the ever-so-cleverly placed vine holder thingy into Andie's second-floor bedroom window. And Jack is all I'm still not gay laaaaaaaaa and Dawson is all CUT! GREAT SCENE everyone.

And then Bruce with the singing again.

See what we mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still can't read the blog without highlighting all the text because something is out of wack....BUT, best entry ever.
And this morning was intense! I'm Not Gay read a poem aloud in class which basically said I'm Gay and then He Cried and Pacey spit in the face of the teacher (but not the one he banged)!

Old Man Snap said...

Best entry ever? We know, right? Thanks, anonymous. Our fragile ego needs all the love it can get. And while we liked your fun entry, we *really* liked the one where Pacey was all I'm banging my chef boss on the boat and Dawson was all I love my leading lady with bombs and Joey was all karaokedefied with one way, or another I'm gonna gitcha gitcha gitcha one way...