Sunday, December 23, 2007

Hey! A Christmas story!

"Honey," said the rotund goateed man inside the Borders, loudly, into his cell phone. "If I got you the Grey's Anatomy DVD, would that be good? Oh. You saw all the episodes? So if you saw them, does that-- oh. OK. Yeah. You saw them all already. OK. I'll keep looking."

And then, about five minutes later: same guy. Same phone. Same wife, hopefully.

"Hi honey, it's me again," he said. "Yeah. I found a good one. Would you like Live Free or Die Hard? Yeah. It's Bruce Willis. It's kind of a light-hearted action movie. It's supposed to be really good, I think."

Meanwhile, darned if we didn't catch the holiday spirit while we shopped in the same store, sans honey guy.

"Iiiiii saw mommeeeee kissing Santa Claus," the adorable li'l 4-year-old sang, pitch-perfect, while listening to the head phones.

And then, about five seconds later: same adorable li'l 4-year-old. Same headphones. Same mommy.

"Mommy! I have to pee!"

No comments: